Nasal Sprays are one of the most common ways to deal with the dilemma of snoring. Nasal Sprays can help fix the problem of snoring especially if it happens to a person due to allergens or blockage of the nasal passages.
Do Nasal Sprays Work?
Yes. Nasal Sprays work significantly towards reducing the severity of snoring as they constitute of agents specialized to regulate freer passage of breath. In most cases, snoring occurs due to the blockage of the nasal passages. In such cases, it becomes quite difficult for the air to pass through the nasal passages of the person and causes snoring. This blockage is also often due to abnormal swelling of the nasal passageway or the presence of mucus. This is a more severe form of blockage as it hinders the regulation of air in a person’s airways significantly. Corticosteroid Nasal Sprays are the perfect solution for such cases.
- Corticosteroid Nasal Sprays: These sprays are mostly prescribed by doctors to reduce the swelling in nasal passageways or to remove any blockage in them. These should be used regularly with the consultation of a known physician in order for them to work efficiently.
There are also cases when the obstruction in the passageways and cause of snoring is the presence of allergens. In order to fix allergies, mostly Antihistamine Sprays are used.
- Antihistamine Sprays: Antihistamine Nasal Sprays are mostly used to eliminate any allergens present in a person’s airways. They are effective at removing any congestion in the nasal passageway and help significantly in reducing the severity of a person’s snoring problem.
Nasal Sprays Available in the Market
Various Over-the-Counter and prescription based Nasal Sprays are available in the market. However, it is best to seek consultation before using any medication. These are some of the types of Nasal Sprays available:
- Azelastine – Astelin Nasal Spray and Astepro (0.1%, 0.15%)
- Azelastine and Fluticasone Propionate – Dymista
- BeclomethasoneDiproprionate (Dry Nasal Spray)– Qnasl
- Budesonide – Rhinocort
- Ciclesonide – Omnaris Nasal Spray
- Cromolyn Sodium – NasalcromNasal Spray
- Fluticasone Furoate – Veramyst Nasal Spray
- Fluticasone Propionate – Flonase Nasal Spray
- Ipratropium Bromide – Atrovent Nasal Spray 0.03%
- MometasoneFuroate Monohydrate – Nasonex Nasal Spray
- Olopatadine – Patanase
- Oxymetazoline – Afrin
- Triamcinolone Acetonide – Nasacort AQ